dynamically loaded libraries (size of)

Christian Schäfer caefer@krachstoff.net
Wed Dec 18 01:10:00 GMT 2002

hi all,

I am currently developing a library for some opengl stuff and I want
to compile it later to a linkable library. that would not be a problem
and even if it was I would find enough tutorials over the net.

but what is unclear to me is the following:
when I compile a (quiet big) library and link it in another project,
which makes only little use of the library, to what matter will the
library increase the size of the project?
will only the used functionality be a part of the new compiled
executable or will the whole library be included and will the project
therefor be of much much bigger size than it had to be?

regards
/Christian                   mailto:caefer@krachstoff.net

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman