libgcc question

Matt Rhodes mattr@synergex.com
Tue Dec 17 14:52:00 GMT 2002

I have a question that is being passed on to me by a colleague so I don't have all of the exact details.  But basically we have built an executable with gcc version 3.1.1 on our Red Hat 7.1 system.  When one of our customers attempts to run the executable on their Red Hat 7.3 system, they get an error that libgcc.so is missing.  Why would this happen?  Are we not linking correctly?  Do we need to somehow link against the static version of the library when we build?

Here is the output from "gcc -v":
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1/specs
Configured with: ./configure --prefix=/usr
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.1.1