Error building binutils

engineers@ntil.net engineers@ntil.net
Mon Dec 16 04:46:00 GMT 2002

hai,
     I am building the ARM development tool for Windows.I  had downloaded the binutils(ver 2.10.1) ,gcc 2.95.2 and gdb 5.0 .These packages have been successfully unzipped and set the /tmp dir in binary mode.But when i started building the binutils with the command

"
/src/binutils/binutils-2.10.1/configure --target=arm-elf
      --prefix=/tools
      --exec-prefix=/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin
      -v 2>&1 | tee configure.out  "

i got an error

"The command 'gcc -o conftest -02 -W -Wall conftest.c' failed.

What is this conftest.c doing? i dont have any other compiler,except Turboc so to which one should i set the path to.

anticipating quick reply

NTIL