gdbm compile error

V Suryanarayana Rao vsrao@cmcltd.com
Wed Dec 11 03:12:00 GMT 2002

I am facing problem compiling gdbm on my solaris 8 (Sparc).
Tried with both gcc 2.95.2 and 3.2.

After ./configure and make
make progs       gives,

> gcc  -o tdbm testdbm.o -lc
> fetch                               testdbm.o
> nextkey                             testdbm.o
> delete                              testdbm.o
> store                               testdbm.o
> dbminit                             testdbm.o
> firstkey                            testdbm.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to tdbm
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tdbm'

Can somebody please help. I have my PATH set as below:
/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/sfw/bin:/opt/sfw/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

All gnu software is installed in /opt/sfw and gcc3.2 installed in
/usr/local.

I have not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Thanks