Error with Make of gcc3.2 redhat linux 8.0 (intel)

Christian Geisler christian.geisler@online.de
Wed Dec 4 01:00:00 GMT 2002


This is a RH-8.0 specific "problem" I think:
I got the same problem: A look at /usr/include/c++/3.2/cctype showed
that there were toupper and tolower undefined. They've done that perhaps
because they switched the whole distribution to unicode, so you have
to use the widechar equivalents i think: 
towlower and towupper solved the problem

Am Die, 2002-12-03 um 00.53 schrieb Geffrey Braun:
> I am unable to do a successful make of gcc 3.2 on red hat linux 8.0 (intel)
>  
> Here is the output of errors:
> Making all in src
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag CXX --mode=compile /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/gcc/xgcc
> -shared-libgcc -B/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/gcc/ -nostdinc++
> -L/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src
> -L/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
> -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
> -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -nostdinc++
> -I/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-lin
> ux-gnu -I/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include
> -I../libsupc++  -I../libmath    -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates
> -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline
> -fdiagnostics-show-location=once  -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g
> -c locale.cc
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
> -B/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/gcc/ -nostdinc++
> -L/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src
> -L/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
> -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/
> -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -nostdinc++
> -I/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-lin
> ux-gnu -I/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include
> -I../libsupc++ -I../libmath -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates
> -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline
> -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -c
> locale.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/locale.o
> In file included from locale.cc:406:
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h: In
>    static member function `static const short unsigned int* 
>    std::ctype<char>::classic_table()':
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h:45: `
>    __ctype_b' undeclared (first use this function)
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h:45: (Each
>    undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears 
>    in.)
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h: In
>    constructor `std::ctype<char>::ctype(int*, const short unsigned int*,
> bool, 
>    unsigned int)':
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h:61: `
>    __ctype_toupper' undeclared (first use this function)
> /home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/i686-pc-linux
> -gnu/bits/ctype_noninline.h:61: `
>    __ctype_tolower' undeclared (first use this function)
> make[3]: *** [locale.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/downloads/gcc-3.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3'
> make: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
> [root@linux gcc-3.2]#
>  
>  
>  
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I saw a similar message posted, but
> with no reply.  Thanks!
>  
>  
>  
> Geffrey Braun
> Senior Software Engineer
> ONgroup
> 2151 Alessandro Drive, Suite 150
> Ventura, CA  93001
> (805) 641-1400 ext 200
> mailto:geffrey.braun@ongroup.com <mailto:geffrey.braun@ongroup.com> 
>  
>  




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list