Initialization of arrays (newbie)

Rupert Wood rup@kanat.pair.com
Tue Aug 27 03:51:00 GMT 2002

Der Herr Hofrat wrote:

> > Only if it's at global scope. If it's a variable declared in a function,
> > it doesn't.
> >
> >    6.7.8.10:
>
> probably a very stupid question.... what is 6.7.8.10 ?

A reference to the C99 language standard (ISO/IEC 9899:1999). Sorry:
should probably have cited it.

It's, unfortunately, not available for free but you can buy a PDF copy
from www.iso.ch; search for 9899 in 'standards'. It costs 44 Swiss Francs
which I think is about 30 USD.

Frankly I'm not sure it's much use day-to-day for a programmer. It's got a
decent reference for exactly what header files should be available and
what all the functions do but it's not a tremendously useful document
otherwise. Unless you've got arguments about the finer points of the
language :-)

Rup.