unsigned long long int ????

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Aug 21 01:25:00 GMT 2002


>>>>> "Suni" == Suni B Bongale <sbongale@nulinkinc.com> writes:

    Suni> The version number of the gcc that I am using is gcc version
    Suni> 2.95.4 I have written a macro in the follwing source code to
    Suni> retrieve a unsigned long long value form a character array
    Suni> But when I compiled the code its giving error.
 
It's giving errors because of unbalanced parenthesis. You have more
opening parenthesis than closing ones in your macro definition.

You should really use an editor which shows you the extent of your
parens (Emacs is good ;-).
 
I suppose what you wanted was something like:

#define   GTP_GET_U64BIT(p_buff)   (unsigned long long) \
          (((U64bit)(*(p_buff))       << 56) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 1))) << 48) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 2))) << 40) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 3))) << 32) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 4))) << 24) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 5))) << 16) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 6))) <<  8) | \
           ((U64bit)((*(p_buff + 7)))))

-- 
Claudio Bley                                                        _ 
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
ICQ# 83197241                                 - against HTML email  X 
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bley/                     & vCards / \



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list