not finding header files...

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Wed Aug 7 09:54:00 GMT 2002

:
> i believe the header files for 3.1.1 are under
> /usr/include/g++-3

They're probably under /usr/local/include/g++-3.

The best way to debug this sort of thing is to compile something simple,
e.g. your hello.cc, with the -v switch:

    g++ -v hello.cc

GCC will, amongst other things, dump its search directory path to the
console so you can see where it's looking.

Good luck,
Rup.