Global constructor mangling

Simon Gittins gittins@tabq.com.au
Tue Aug 6 18:58:00 GMT 2002

Hi Bjorn

>  The name mangling scheme is pretty much a compiler
> implementation issue, so i would question the wisdom
> of an organization placing certain requirements on it:)

I agree completely :)

It's a regulatory requirement (not imposed by us), and it has proved rather
difficult to get it changed.  The only thing going in our favour is that we
supply the verification PC, so we can configure our build box identically to
the verification box.

The offending symbols all appear to be statically instantiated objects in
dynamic libraries.

Running gcc -E on the files in question gives identical results.

Both boxes have identical gcc drivers programs, specs, and gcc-lib contents
(collect2,cc1plus etc).

> If you really want to know, how it is done in gcc/g++,
> i guess, you could get involved in the development of
> gcc....

It may be my only choice.  I'll see if I can get my head around the mangling
code in the gcc source.

Best Regards
Simon