binaries generate segfault when compiles with GCC3.2 on solaris7

Moshe Libenson liben_nm@netvision.net.il
Fri Aug 30 12:38:00 GMT 2002

Hi,
I have successfully compiles the GCC3.2 on a SPARC Solaris 7 with
binutills 2.13.
When I try to execute a small program that is linked to both the
libstdc++.so.5 and libgcc_s.so I get a segmentation fault.
I tried to compile ICU2.0 (http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/) and it
failed for the same reason I've stated above.
I tested a small executable the only allocated memory and free it and I
get the same segfault.

I used gdb to try and debug it but I was unable to get the backtrace to
see where it failes.
The same program is executed successfully if I use GCC3.1.1.

Moshe