native build of OpenWBEM fails on MIPS

Dinesh Nagpure dinesh_nagpure@ivivity.com
Tue Aug 13 08:10:00 GMT 2002


Hello,
I am trying native build of OpenWbem sources available at
https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=16214 for MIPS on a MIPS Malta board.
I am using a NFS mounted root downloaded from MIPS website which is a MIPS
port of Redhat7.1. 

Porting requirements of the OpenWbem sources (From the README file in the
source directory) are as below:
1)ANSI C++ compiler.
Running g++ -v results in output is as below:

Reading specs from usr/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Redhat Linux 7.1.2.96-99.1)

2)Standard C++ Library. 
Running rpm -qa | grep libstd results in the following output:
libstdc++-devel-2.96-99.1
libstdc++-2.96-99.1

3)Standard C Library.
rpm -qa | grep glibc result is as below:
glibc-2.2.4-19.4
glibc-common-2.2.4-19.4
glibc-devel-2.2.4-19.4
glibc-profile-2.2.4-19.4

4)Threading support of some sort.
I have pthreads
5)Socket communication of some sort.

The build process uses AUTOCONF and AUTOMAKE to generate the configure
script and them make files.

I am running the configure script as below:

configure --build=mipsel-xyz-linux --host=mipsel-xyz-linux

Output of the configure script is in the attached file "report"

Also the log file configure script generates is attached "config.log"

When I try to make the sources, I run into the following warnings and then
the build process breaks out with a error, see attached file "makeout"

I am wondering if this really is some internal error as reported or some
dependency issue (reason for the doubt is the same sources builds on x86
installation using redhat7.1 where the libstdc and gcc and glibc versions
are almost the same).

Has anyone faced similar errors? Any help pointers? 

Thanks in advance,
Dinesh
iVivity

 <<report>> 
 <<makeout>> 
 <<config.log>> 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: report
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 6592 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20020813/3b55b3aa/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: makeout
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 7992 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20020813/3b55b3aa/attachment-0001.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 13528 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20020813/3b55b3aa/attachment-0002.obj>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list