Global constructor mangling

Simon Gittins gittins@tabq.com.au
Mon Aug 5 23:52:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I would like to know how gcc mangles the following types of symbols:

#objdump -tC <library>
000000xxxxxxx           l     F      .text                global
constructors keyed to OS_TLI.cpp0xYLka

In particular, I would like to produce the same mangled name on a number of
different hosts (it is a requirement that we are able to build a piece of
software identically on a number of internally managed hosts).

Both hosts run gcc 2.95.3 under gnu/linux.

I am unsure why they are not producing the same binaries.  Both hosts have
the source tree located in the same place, and use the same build process to
make the binaries.

In a large library (I'm building libACE), it looks like these (there are
only about 20 'global constructors keyed to ...' symbols) are the only ones
that differ between the binaries produced by the two hosts.

Please CC me any reply.

Thanks in advance
Simon Gittins