Trouble compiling latest CVS snap on powerpc-apple-darwin5.4 (no matching function for call...)

Jason Parsons jparsons@saffron.org
Thu Apr 25 17:02:00 GMT 2002


Greetings.

I am attempting for the first time to compile gcc on Mac OS X /
Darwin 5.4.  Compilation fails with the following errors.  Please
let me know what further information might be needed.

I'm not on gcc-help, so please cc me directly in any replies.

Thanks for any help.
 - Jason Parsons

jparsons@masala:~...powerpc-apple-osx% uname -a
Darwin masala 5.4 Darwin Kernel Version 5.4: Wed Apr 10 09:27:47 PDT
2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.19.3.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh
powerpc

jparsons@masala:~...powerpc-apple-osx% cc -v
Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/2.95.2/specs
Apple Computer, Inc. version gcc-934.3, based on gcc version 2.95.2
19991024 (release)

jparsons@masala:~...gcc% head -1 ChangeLog 
2002-04-22  Ulrich Weigand  <uweigand@de.ibm.com>


from 'make bootstrap' output:

Making all in src
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag CXX --mode=compile
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
-B/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/gcc/ -nostdinc++
-L/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/src
-L/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-B/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bin/
-B/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/include -nostdinc++
-I/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4
-I/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include
-I../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++
-I../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/libmath    -g -O2
-fno-implicit-templates  -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings
-Winline  -fdiagnostics-show-location=once  -g    -c
../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/src/globals.cc
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc
-B/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/gcc/ -nostdinc++
-L/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/src
-L/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
-B/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bin/
-B/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/lib/ -isystem
/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/include -nostdinc++
-I/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4
-I/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include
-I../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++
-I../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/libmath -g -O2
-fno-implicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings
-Winline -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -g -c
../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/src/globals.cc -o globals.o
In file included from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/localefwd.h:48,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/ios:48,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/istream:44,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/fstream:45,
                 from
../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/src/globals.cc:30:
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:67:
`
   isalnum' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:68:
`
   isalpha' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:69:
`
   iscntrl' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:70:
`
   isdigit' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:71:
`
   isgraph' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:72:
`
   islower' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:73:
`
   isprint' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:74:
`
   ispunct' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:75:
`
   isspace' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:76:
`
   isupper' not declared
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cctype:77:
`
   isxdigit' not declared
In file included from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/locale_facets.h:397,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_ios.h:41,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/ios:51,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/istream:44,
                 from
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/fstream:45,
                 from
../../../../gcc/libstdc++-v3/src/globals.cc:30:
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:
In
   member function `bool std::ctype<char>::is(unsigned int, char)
const':
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:50:
no
   matching function for call to `isspace(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:53:
no
   matching function for call to `isprint(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:56:
no
   matching function for call to `iscntrl(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:59:
no
   matching function for call to `isupper(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:62:
no
   matching function for call to `islower(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:65:
no
   matching function for call to `isalpha(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:68:
no
   matching function for call to `isdigit(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:71:
no
   matching function for call to `ispunct(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:74:
no
   matching function for call to `isxdigit(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:77:
no
   matching function for call to `isalnum(char&)'
/Users/jparsons/src/powerpc-apple-osx/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:80:
no
   matching function for call to `isgraph(char&)'
make[4]: *** [globals.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list