G77: bitwise .AND. ?

Hassan Aurag hassan.aurag@cae.com
Wed Apr 24 07:25:00 GMT 2002


Here you go:

if you compile the attached file on Linux using 'g77 -fugly-logint' and
run it, you get:

T F F F

On AIX (RISC) with 'xlf -qintlog', you get:

T F T F

Thanks in advance

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 17:23, Toon Moene wrote:
> Hassan Aurag wrote:
> 
> >  this is a small question. On IBM with xlf, if I do
> > 
> >         a = b .and. ( c .xor. TRUE )
> > 
> >  where TRUE = X'01010101', and a, b, c logical*4's equivalenced to 4
> > logical*1's, I'd get the correct info in a, eg:
> > 
> >  a = X'01000100' for example.
> > 
> >  But here, I'd only get the boolean .AND. result so for example
> > X'00000001'.
> > 
> >  Any options or ways of making g77 behave in the same way?
> 
> Please supply a complete, compilable example and I'll try to answer this
> question.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -- 
> Toon Moene - mailto:toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phoneto: +31 346 214290
> Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG  Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
> Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
> Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ands.f
Type: text/x-fortran
Size: 370 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20020424/072e7057/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list