Error when build gcc 3.0.4 on sparc sun solaris2.7

Youshen Qiu youshenqiu@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:47:00 GMT 2002


Hi,

I am first time to install gcc 3.0.4. I want to install it to my own 
directory, so I set the the options --prefix="mydir/usr/local" and 
--with-local-prefix="mydir/usr/local/include" as described in the 
INSTALL/docs.

When I try to make, there are serval warnings like type mismatch and  errors 
occur as follow:
......
"/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp/call.c", line 5135: warning: statement not 
reached
cc -c  -DIN_GCC -DSVR4   -g   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -Icp 
-I/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc -I/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp  
-I/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/config -I/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/../include 
/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp/decl.c -o cp/decl.o
"/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp/decl.c", line 528: left operand must be 
modifiable lvalue: op "="
"/l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp/decl.c", line 541: cannot recover from 
previous errors
cc: acomp failed for /l/qys/tools/gcc-3.0.4/gcc/cp/decl.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cp/decl.o'
Current working directory /l/qys/usr/local/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-gcc'
===========error msg end=============

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

david

_________________________________________________________________
Join the worldÂ’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list