Help with linking fortran
Buchan Milne
bgmilne@cae.co.za
Wed Apr 10 04:31:00 GMT 2002
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Toon Moene wrote:
| Buchan Milne wrote:
|
|
|>I am helping another student trying o get Star CD CFD software working
|>under linux using g77 2.95. During linking of the code, there are a lot
|>of error messages such as:
|
|
| Are you sure Star CD CFD software *supports* linking with g77 ? Perhaps
| asking *them* first will result in answers; I certainly don't know if
| it's a wise thing to do to use g77 compiled code with their code,
| because I don't know how they compiled their code ...
|
I asked them first, and they said that we should adjust their script to
add the necessary flags to whatever compiler we use. Officially, they do
not support g77, but they support a lot of different compilers on
different platforms. I was hoping that the lack support for g77 could be
rectified if g77 supports the functions called, and only requires extra
flags.
It would be useful if someone could report as to whether the functions:
__casgn
__con
_f_winit3
_f_wone3
_f_wterm3
_f_winit3
_f_wone3
_f_wterm3
_f_rewind3
__ftof
__i_sign
are:
1)Supported by some fortran standard such as F90
2)Ever going to be available in g77.
Otherwise we are going to have to see if we can get an evaluation copy
of the Absoft compiler to see if the extra functionality under linux
with Absoft can justify the cost (probably not), or run on windows.
Regards,
Buchan
- --
|----------------Registered Linux User #182071-----------------|
Buchan Milne Mechanical Engineer, Network Manager
Cellphone * Work +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
Stellenbosch Automotive Engineering http://www.cae.co.za
GPG Key http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
iD8DBQE8tCBfrJK6UGDSBKcRAjBHAJ9gyIB860kMl/uGSZmOfUBgw5wC9QCgl3BT
i3Ma8NcksNdrV+hwndWDWwg=
=zOm5
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list