make bootstrap4 and compile errors

King, Daniel Daniel.King@fiserv.com
Fri Apr 5 11:56:00 GMT 2002


Hi, folks!
 
I was wondering what information I need to include for a bug report;  The generic symptoms are:
 
- Gcc-3.0.4
- HP-UX 11.0
- V2200 machine
- make bootstrap4 starting with the default HP cc, and gnu make (made with HP cc)
- I’m getting many, many compare errors.  However, when I go to manually compare the files, they are the same size!  Diff says they are different, but it cannot be by that much.
- I even went so far as to make install, then do an additional make bootstrap4.  Same problem.
- dejagnu compiles and installs.  I installed the gcc-testsuite, and it is running right now with some failures already.
- gcc’s ./configure guesses “checking host system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00”
 
More?  Please let me know what … Thanks!
 
A. Daniel King, System Analyst
Fiserv - Atlanta Center
1475 Peachtree Street, NE - Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309
404-873-2861 x2034
 


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list