Developing a server

snodx@hotmail.com snodx@hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 20:43:00 GMT 2002


ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT my mistake.

The question I am posting arose because I have
not been successful so far in developing a socket
based C program using GCC.

For example once I tried to include the netdb.h header file
in a 'C' program and tried to use several of its functions,
but at compile time I got several errors.

This leads me to believe that I have to pass certain compiler
and linker options while compiling the program, just as
you do -lvga or -lvgagl while trying to use the vga.h
header file in a 'C' code.

I am not getting much of documentation on how to
use GCC. Most of the time I have to rely on the
mailing list.

IF ANYONE CAN POINT OUT A GOOD DOCUMENTATION INCLUDING
WHAT COMPILER AND LINKER OPTIONS TO PASS WHILE USING
SPECIFIC HEADER FILES, I promise I wont show my face
here again unless I am in really serious trouble.

Sorry for the long-winded story here.
                                          SNODX



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list