Inheriting from a class inside a shared object?

Graeme Phillipson G.P.Phillipson-97@student.lboro.ac.uk
Thu Apr 4 06:52:00 GMT 2002


Hello,
I'm trying to use swig so that I can extend a project I've already created to 
have Python scripting. However I've run into some problems (I've never used 
swig before BTW). I can't use the template makefiles provided, because I 
already have a makefile, so I've edited Makefile.am to include:-
arguspythoninterface_wrap.o: arguspythoninterface_wrap.c
        $(CC) -c -I/usr/include/python2.1/ -I/usr/lib/python2.1/config/ $<

arguspythoninterface_wrap.c: arguspythoninterface.i
        swig -v -c++ -python arguspythoninterface.i

and arguspythoninterface_wrap.o is linked against when building the end 
result executeable.
I also added:-
        Py_Initialize();
        swig_add_builtin();
        PyImport_Inittab = _SwigImport_Inittab; 
To my python startup code, and made a copy of embed.i and removed its main 
function. However when I try this, linker errors spew forth from every corner 
of my project.

The other way I thought of doing this was to start again with the interface 
and make a sharded modelu my main program can link against. To test this I 
tried moving examplemodule.so (which I had made from the tutorial) to my 
program directory and seeing if I could load module example. When I try it 
from the command line it works, but if I try it from my program it can't find 
the module.

If anyone could provide me with any help in using either of those two methods 
it would be greatly apprecideted.

Thanks,
Graeme Phillipson.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list