Segmentation Fault

Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy pocm@rnl.ist.utl.pt
Sat Sep 15 13:18:00 GMT 2001


Still desperate for not being able to compile GCC I tried a last option:

# make clean
# make CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates' bootstrap
<supressing uninteresting lines>
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/config -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/../include -c insn-attrtab.c
insn-attrtab.c: In function `pent_np_unit_blockage':
insn-attrtab.c:25365: Internal error: Illegal instruction
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
make[2]: *** [insn-attrtab.o] Error 1

:(
Something is wrong... is it me or what?

Best regards,
Paulo

pocm@rnl.ist.utl.pt (Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy) writes:

> Hi,
> I've tried to compile GCC 3.0.1 (full distro), in an AMD K7 Athlon
> 700MHZ, 128MGS RAM, Linux RedHat OS!
> Consider that we have gcc-3.0.1.tar.gz in ~/ (home dir)
> I have currently GCC 3.0.0 installed!
> I've done the following:
> 
> # tar -xvzf gcc-3.0.1.tar.gz
> # mkdir gcc-objs
> # cd gcc-objs
> # ../gcc-3.0.1/configure
> Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
> Created "Makefile" in /home/pdestroy/gcc-objs using "mt-frag"
> Configuring libiberty...
> creating cache ../config.cache
> checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking for ar... ar
> <rest of configure lines supressed>
> # make bootstrap
> <supressing uninteresting lines>
> gcc -c  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/config -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/../include ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/final.c -o final.o
> In file included from ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/system.h:85,
>                  from ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/final.c:48:
> ../../gcc-3.0.1/include/safe-ctype.h:1: Internal error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
> make[2]: *** [final.o] Error 1
> 
> <desperately I tried the following>
> # make bootstrap-lean
> <supressing uninteresting lines>
> ./xgcc -B./ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -O2   -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include  -fPIC -g1  -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/config -I../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/../include  -DL_ashrdi3 -c ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/./_ashrdi3.o
> In file included from /usr/include/_G_config.h:14,
>                  from /usr/include/libio.h:30,
>                  from include/stdio.h:73,
>                  from ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/tsystem.h:63,
>                  from ../../gcc-3.0.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:37:
> include/stddef.h:1: Internal error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
> make[3]: *** [libgcc/./_ashrdi3.o] Error 1
> 
> 
> Another segmentation fault... :(
> 
> Any ideas on this or this is really a bug?
> 
> Best regards,
> -- 
> Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy : pocm@rnl.ist.utl.pt
> Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
> Computer Science and Software Eng. - AI
>  - > http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
> 
> 

-- 
Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy : pocm@rnl.ist.utl.pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
Computer Science and Software Eng. - AI
 - > http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pocm



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list