using gcc 3.0.1 and 2.95.2.1

Willy Gardiol gardiol@libero.it
Tue Sep 11 03:46:00 GMT 2001

> Flex (the one that I have) creates non standard c++ code.
> The ungly hack that I have runs sed on the result of flex,
> and replaces 'class istream;' with '#include <iosfwd.h>".
> "iosfwd.h" is a file I wrote that includes iosfwd, and has
> several "using std::one-of-iostream-classes;" lines.

Where can i find that file?
i would like to try this workaround.I would need kdevelop in a short.

> > So i decided to install a second gcc: 2.905.2.1
>
> You mean gcc-2.95.2, right ?

2.95.2.1 yes :) type error....
just because 2.95.2 is the "officially" supported gcc by kde

> > Now i suspect gcc from 2.x to 3.x uses a different naming
> > for c++ symbols but how can i overcome this problem?
>
> Maybe recompile every single C++ library you have with the same C++
> compiler?

Argh!
so, should i go back to 2.95.2 or some other older compiler ( i dont want toi
do this unless i am REALLY desperate) or try to fix problems as they came?

> It *may* be possible to mix two different C++ versions in a single program
> by using C or CORBA proxies, but I guess you are not that desperate.

Can you explain better? i am NOT so desperate but i am curious.

thanks!