GCC installation

Capuano, Al capuano@rowan.edu
Thu Sep 27 11:02:00 GMT 2001


Hi,

I'm new at this and your help is appreciated.  
 
I'm trying to install GCC.  We are running on the following setup:
Hardware = Sillicon Graphics Server
OS = SGI IRIX 6.5

Installing in the following directories.

1)	untar into /usr/local/src/gcc-3.0.1
2)	prefix=/usr/local/gcc301

-	in /usr/local/src/gcc-301
				run ./configure - -prefix=/usr/local/gcc301 
				run gmake bootstrap out of same directory

-	I received the error (as noted below) and tried the following
				Run ./configure - -prefix=/usr/local/gcc301
- -enable-threads=single (thought this may be the problem)
				Run gmake bootstrap (again)

-	no luck

I received the following error.  It is looking for a gthr.h file that GCC
cannot find.  I listed the actual error below.  If you can just point me in
the right direction, that would be a big help.

...
ln: ./stl_hash_fun.h: File exists
sed -e
'/^#/s/\([ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_][ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_]*\)/_GLIB
CPP_\1/g' \
    -e 's,^#include "\(.*\)",#include <bits/\1>,g' \
    <
/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3/../gcc/gthr.h >
mips-sgi-irix6.5/bits/gthr.h
/bin/sh:
/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3/../gcc/gthr.h:
cannot open: No such file or directory
gmake[4]: *** [mips-sgi-irix6.5/bits/gthr.h] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3/include'
gmake[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1/mips-sgi-irix6.5/libstdc++-v3'
gmake[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcc/gcc-3.0.1'
gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Regards,

-al

Al Capuano
Rowan University
Network and System Services
856-256-4407



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list