Installing and compiling gcc

athi.sathiamoorthy@bt.com athi.sathiamoorthy@bt.com
Tue Sep 25 06:48:00 GMT 2001

Dear Sir/madam,
I have installed gcc 3.0.1 using PKGADD on SOLARIS 2.6.
I have been able to successfully compile a hello.c file.

When I compile a file that includes some of MY .h files I get the following
error:

		root# gcc checksc.c -o checksc.cgi
		checksc.c: In function `main':
		checksc.c:33: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
		UKGetNextSubBranch                  /var/tmp/ccc82Nlx.o
		UKCheckDetails                      /var/tmp/ccc82Nlx.o
		ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
checksc.cgi
		collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

After I had done the package add do I have to anything else to ensure the
installation is correct?
I have tried adding in an LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the environment but this has no
effect.

Kind Regards,

Athi

BTexact Technologies
Multimedia and IP Consultant

e-mail: 	athi.sathiamoorthy@bt.com
Phone: 	+44 (0)	208 587 6333
Fax: 	+44 (0)	208 587 7835
Mobile: 	+44 (0)	772 041 2826

BT-Building 4, PP4N113E, 4 Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge,
Middlesex, England, UB11 1TT

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or
email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.