Start and end of the GOT
H . J . Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Mon Sep 17 16:09:00 GMT 2001
On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:53:33PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:39:15AM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > Well, assuming IA-32 and nobody playing with linker scripts, end will be
> > _DYNAMIC because .sdata2/.sbss2 sections are usually not used on IA-32.
>
> I urge you not to rely on this.
>
> The NetBSD ld.so self-relocation code does (did, anyway) this, and it
> is the reason that .dynamic is still where it is. Personally, I think
> this is a bug in the NetBSD ld.so and should have been fixed rather
> than wasting some 400 bytes of the small data area.
>
Does that mean Linux also wastes 400 bytes? I'd like to get them back
for Linux.
H.J.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list