using gcc 3.0.1 and 2.95.2.1

Willy Gardiol gardiol@libero.it
Tue Sep 11 00:22:00 GMT 2001

i am building my linux box from the sand...
i choose gcc 3.0 (then 3.0.1) to compile my stuff and i had no problems until
now.

I am trying to compile kdevelop 2.0 but i get an error compiling flex related
stuff (flex 2.5.4a)
So i decided to install a second gcc: 2.905.2.1 (/usr/local/gcc-2.95.2) and
use it to compile KDevelop.
It works, BUT if i try to compile with that gcc i get tons (really tons) of
udefined symbol!
it seems it is not able to find ANY symbol exported from the Qt libraries
which are correctly built and working, but onlyi with gcc 3.0.x.

Now i suspect gcc from 2.x to 3.x uses a different naming for c++ symbols but
how can i overcome this problem?

--
Willy Gardiol
gardiol@libero.it