underscore

Liu, Hai HLiu@analogic.com
Fri Sep 7 13:36:00 GMT 2001

Hello, everyone:
	I have an assemble function "_vadd_simd", declared as :
			.globl _vadd_simd
It is called in the c file as "vadd_simd". I use the gcc compiler( version
2.95.2) in my linux desktop. It fails in the linking time. The error message
is:    undefine reference to "vadd_simd". For some reason, the compiler is
looking for "vadd_simd" instead of "_vadd_simd".
I don't want to change my source code. How can I solve the problem? If I
upgrade the gcc compiler, that will solve the problem?

Sincerely,

Hai Liu