Help needed please
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Thu Oct 18 00:35:00 GMT 2001
Craig Kennedy wrote:
> I am currently setting up my computer to use GCC and have come
> across a problem. I am writing programs in fortran77 and am trying
> to compile it with GCC. However, when I type "gcc [file name]" my
> terminal comes up with an error message: installation problem cannot
> find f771; not a file or directory. I have just installed GCC, and
> am wondering if you can help. My OS is Linux Mandrake.
(I had hoped someone who uses Mandrake would speak up, but I'll have a
go at answering anyway.)
The gcc 'compiler driver' you have installed has been compiled with
support for Fortran. However, the actual fortran compiler (and most
likely the support libraries) haven't been installed.
Mandrake probably have a separate install package (rpm?) for the
Fortran-specific parts of GCC. Have a look on your install CD for a
package 'g77' or 'gcc-fortran' or similar.
When you're compiling Fortran, it's better to invoke the
Fortran-specific compiler driver 'g77' rather than 'gcc.'
Good luck,
Rup.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list