help needed on config/install gcc 3.0
Frank Schafer
frank.schafer@setuza.cz
Wed Oct 3 21:11:00 GMT 2001
Cheng Yan wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I have recently tried installed gcc 3.0 on a Solaris 2.7 box. I got the
> following error:
>
> =========================================
> 75 => /opt/local/gnu/gcc-3.0/configure
> Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
> Created "Makefile" in /usr/gnubin using "mh-frag"
> /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed
> *** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
> =========================================
>
> I know I have /usr/ucb/cc installed. But I don't know how to set
> theenvironment variable CC. Certainly I know how to set an env variable. But
> what value do I need to give to the environment variable CC?
>
> Your help is highly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> >
> >Cheng Yan
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
Hi Cheng,
If You have a C-compiler installed in /some/dir/someC, You should:
# export CC=/some/dir/someC
For the case, that /some/dir is in Your path
# export CC=someC
should be sufficient.
Hope this helps
Frank
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list