Cygwin 1.3.3 + gcc_3_0_1 compilation problems

Dylan Cuthbert dylan@q-games.com
Thu Oct 11 19:22:00 GMT 2001


Hi there,

I checked out the gcc_3_0_1_release version of GCC and downloaded the latest
version of Cygwin 1.3.3 and attempted to compile GCC.  It comes up with an
error compiling fastjar:

Makefile: 256 *** Missing Separator

I had a quick look at the makefile and it seems to be complaining about a
line with the macro AMDEP_TRUE.

Not knowing what AMDEP_TRUE is, In order to get past this error I renamed
the Makefile and created a dummy Makefile (I'm only initially intending to
use g++ anyway) to get the compile past this problem.

Is there a proper way to get this to work as I'd prefer the complete suite?

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert
PS. my compile has just finished and apart from that it seems to work -
although the default include directory is /include instead of /usr/include
for some reason.


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list