Object file format for C++

Irit Mano Irit.Mano@nsc.com
Thu Oct 4 00:58:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

We maintain a GCC based C compiler for National's CompactRISC architecture.
The object file format we use is COFF (sdbout* source files).
We plan to integrate GCC's C++ front end into the compiler.
Questions:
1. Is the COFF suitable for C++ as well (with extensions)? Does it have a specification document?
     Where can I find it?
2. If the answer to (1) is no, what file format can we use that will require minimal
    modifications in the other tools (assembler, linker, debugger) which are not GNU based?

Thanks a lot,
Irit Mano