Missing basic wide char/wide string handling functions

Kirwan, Brian bkirwan@accuris.ie
Thu Nov 29 03:41:00 GMT 2001

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for your quick respose.

You're right - I'm on Solaris. Its 2.6 whose wchar.h doesnt have wprintf.
I've checked a 2.8 machine and you're right - its wchar.h does have it.

So, Solaris 2.8's C library supports it.

But, as for the C++ side (which I would prefer), shouldnt GCC's iostream
support wcout (which it doesnt seem to do)?

Thanks very much,
Brian.