GCC 3.0.2 binaries

Robert Lopez robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com
Tue Nov 27 09:51:00 GMT 2001

> From: kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
> I unzipped it and it came out to be a whole load of *.class files with a
> few exceptions. It had a java folder aswell (I didn't see one *.c file).
> Doesn't seem right to me...........

I am not where I can use a we browser at the moment and I do not have
access to a package file from that site. I am going from memory at the
moment.  I do not remember what you get after uncompressing.

You did say you wanted the binary correct?  Why are you looking for
any C file?

To check to see if this one file has a problem, go back to the freeware
site and download another different file.
Then use the "file" command to see if it is compressed or not.
I once had a netscape which removed the ".gz" but left the file still
compressed so I had to add the ".gz" back onto it.

Then I could uncompress it.  After that I think I got a directory and I
just used the pkgadd -d ...

I should be very simple.

Robert.Lopez@Philips.com