GCC 3.0.2 binaries

kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
Tue Nov 27 09:39:00 GMT 2001

I unzipped it and it came out to be a whole load of *.class files with a
few exceptions. It had a java folder aswell (I didn't see one *.c file).
Doesn't seem right to me...........

To:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org, Kabir Patel
cc:   me@rupey.net
Date: 27/11/2001 17:25
From: robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com
Subject:  Re: GCC 3.0.2 binaries

> From: kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
> Could somebody tell me *exactly* where the binary files for GCC 3.0.2 are?
> I followed the binaries link on www.sunfreeware.com, navigated to Solaris 8
> and then downloaded gcc-3.0.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz. This turned out to be
> some java stuff (I want C).
>
> Please can somebody help

Java? really?
Should have been a gzipped package. If it was java you may have a browser
configuration problem.  That site has complete instructions on how to
download and install the package.  Depending upon how you have set up
your browser to handle .gz files you may or may not need to gunzip it.
The unzipped file needs to be in a temporary location. Then you need to
do something like "pkgadd -d" to install it.  Read the instructions for
exact details.

Robert.Lopez@Philips.com

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.