GCC 3.0.2 binaries

Robert Lopez robert.lopez@abq.sc.philips.com
Tue Nov 27 09:27:00 GMT 2001

> From: kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com
> Could somebody tell me *exactly* where the binary files for GCC 3.0.2 are?
> I followed the binaries link on www.sunfreeware.com, navigated to Solaris 8
> and then downloaded gcc-3.0.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz. This turned out to be
> some java stuff (I want C).
>
> Please can somebody help

Java? really?
Should have been a gzipped package. If it was java you may have a browser
configuration problem.  That site has complete instructions on how to
download and install the package.  Depending upon how you have set up
your browser to handle .gz files you may or may not need to gunzip it.
The unzipped file needs to be in a temporary location. Then you need to
do something like "pkgadd -d" to install it.  Read the instructions for
exact details.

Robert.Lopez@Philips.com