Another question: Configuration options

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 13 01:45:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "kabir" == kabir patel <kabir.patel@uk.andersen.com> writes:

    kabir> When I just type in ./configure without specifying any
    kabir> additional options it come back with an error message like
    kabir> the following:

    kabir> *** The command ' -o conftest conftest.c' failed.  *** You
    kabir> must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

    kabir> Could somebody tell me how to resolve this?

    kabir> Thanks

    kabir> Kabir

You need a C compiler in order to compile gcc. Just set the enviroment
variable CC to a working compiler. Read the INSTALL file.

CC=kcc ./configure

as an example in Bash.

Claudio