A linker problem
Frank Schafer
frank.schafer@setuza.cz
Sun Nov 4 18:23:00 GMT 2001
Madan Mohan Jampani wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem linking a library archive with the gcc
> I have a program the uses the library "liblug.a"
> I put this archive in /usr/local/lib ( I put this path in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig )
> The program uses a function read_gif_file() present in this library..
> I try to link using -llug.
> But I get a error saying undefined reference to read_gif_file().
> I did a nm -s /usr/local/lib/liblug.a | grep liblug.a
> and found the function in there....
>
> Please tell me what else I need to check
>
> Thanks
> Madan.
>
>
>
> Get 250 color business cards for FREE!
> http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/
... hmmm, ... I thought all the time, that ``ldconfig'' is used for dynamic libs.
... add the ``-L /usr/local/lib'' to your command line.
( see info gcc -> Invoking -> Linker Options )
Hope this helps
Frank
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: frank.schafer.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 218 bytes
Desc: Card for Frank Schafer
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20011104/f4f41dd4/attachment-0001.vcf>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list