PLEASE HELP: Solaris 8 Build Fails
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Sat Nov 3 16:46:00 GMT 2001
Rich Bauer wrote:
(It looks like you're building gcc-3.0; note that gcc-3.02 has now been
released.)
> # make
:
> /bin/sh ../../gcc-3.0/gcc/mkconfig.sh ../../gcc-3.0/gcc/tm.h
This shouldn't happen; certainly in Makefile.in and Makefile here,
there's no path preceding the 'tm.h'. You might want to check your
makefile; grep for mkconfig.sh. If there's no leading path there either,
i.e. it's just:
$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/mkconfig.sh tm.h
then Sun make's VPATH support is introducing the extra path where it
doesn't belong.
I'm pretty sure that Sun bundle the latest version of GNU make with
Solaris 2.8 as 'gmake' - if not, download, build and install it. Either
way, you should be typing 'gmake bootstrap' and not just 'gmake' or
'make'.
On the other hand, I'm sure I used to build GCC-3.0 snapshots with Sun
make without problems. That's still my best guess, though - hope it
helps.
Rup.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list