GCC installation help

Manjula Iyer miyer@itsc.uah.edu
Mon Nov 5 12:36:00 GMT 2001

Hi...
I am trying to install the GNU GCC compiler version 3.0.2.
I have cygwin installed and a previous installation of GCC
(version 2.9.5). I downloaded the source from CVS into a
directory called gcc in the root directory of cygwin. After
which I gave the command ./configure. That worked fine
without any errors. On the ./bootstrap command, I get the
following error:

Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/gcc/gcc'
make CC="gcc" libdir=/usr/local/lib LANGUAGES="c " \
        CFLAGS="-g " MAKEINFO="/gcc/missing makeinfo " \
        MAKEINFOFLAGS=""
make[2]: Entering directory `/gcc/gcc'
gcc  -DIN_GCC    -g  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prot
otypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE
 -o gengenrtl.exe \
 gengenrtl.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo obstack.o ;;
esac ` ` case "" in ?*)
 echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case ""
in ?*) echo  ;; esac
 `
obstack.o: In function `print_and_abort':
/gcc/gcc/obstack.c:467: undefined reference to
`_imp__gettext'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I have the gettext utility installed as well.
Can someone help me out by replying to this email address
with some suggestions?

Thanks
Manjula