problem configuring KDE after gcc 2001521 installation

Malte Gell malte_gell@t-online.de
Thu May 24 13:41:00 GMT 2001

On 23 May 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>On May 23, 2001, malte_gell@t-online.de (Malte Gell) wrote:
>
>> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log
>
>> config.log says:
>
>> #if ! (QT_VERSION >= 222)
>> #error 1
>> #endif
>
>> int main() {
>> QStringList *t = new QStringList();
>> QIconView iv(0);
>> iv.setWordWrapIconText(false);
>> QString s;
>> s.setLatin1("Elvis is alive", 14);
>> int magnolia = QEvent::Speech; /* new in 2.2
>> beta2 */
>> return 0;
>> }
>
>So, what happens when you try to compile this program?

It works now ...
I messed up /etc/ld.so.cache, after building gcc 3.0 and restarting I
forgot to do a ldconfig ...
gcc 20010521 runs fine now, can compile Qt 2.3.0 and KDE 2.1.1

Just one more question, how far can the current snapshot be called
"stable" ? Would it be wise to re-compile things, when gcc 3.0 comes out
? Or is it not neccesseray if gcc 20010521 compiled programs work fine ?

thanks
Malte