problem configuring KDE after gcc 2001521 installation

Malte Gell malte_gell@t-online.de
Wed May 23 13:09:00 GMT 2001

Hello,
I'm pretty sure it's just a small mistake I made somewhere ...

I installed gcc 2001521 and binutils 2.10.1 exact as recommended
(binutils within the gcc src-dir, own obj dir that's not within the gcc
src dir)

Compiling the Linux 2.4.4 Kernel works fine (with -march=athlon, that's
why I was runnig for gcc 3.0 :-)

When I try to configure any package from KDE 2.1.1 this is the result:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not
found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log

config.log says:

#if ! (QT_VERSION >= 222)
#error 1
#endif

int main() {
QStringList *t = new QStringList();
QIconView iv(0);
iv.setWordWrapIconText(false);
QString s;
s.setLatin1("Elvis is alive", 14);
int magnolia = QEvent::Speech; /* new in 2.2
beta2 */
return 0;
}

Of course, it works with gcc 2.95.2 / binutils 2.9.5.xxxx and my Qt
installation is not broken at all, ld.so.conf, $PATH etc. is fine.

Any hints, what could be wrong ? Is it really the KDE configure script
or may I have sth. overseen ? I removed the old gcc completely and gcc
3.0 seem to work fine with Linux Kernel and e.g. xmms.

thanx in advance !

Malte

--
~/.signature