Internal Compiler Error - not really?!?

Nils Holland nils@nightcastleproductions.org
Tue May 22 14:03:00 GMT 2001


Hi folks,

well, I have gcc 2.95.3 installed on my system. Ever since I installed it, it 
has worked without problems. Today, however, when I tried to compile the 
kdemultimedia package of the KDE Project, the compilation process suddenly 
stopped with an "Internal Compiler Error" message and told me to submit a bug 
report. Being the person I am, I just started "make" again in order to see if 
I get the same error message again. Interestingly, I didn't get the message 
anymore and the compilation process worked fine this time.

Any suggestion how I should interpret this behavior of GCC? Should I simply 
forget about it? As I have said, GCC 2.95.3 has worked fine for me ever since 
it came out. So do you think there's really something wrong or was what I 
have experienced just some "strange random problem"?

Greetings
Nils
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------
Nils Holland - nils@nightcastleproductions.org
NightCastle Productions - Linux in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org
"They asked me where this earthquake would begin,
 I offered to let them feel my pulse."
----------------------------------------------------------



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list