g++ 'helloworld' problem

joe shmoe enzo_b_w@yahoo.com
Sun May 20 15:44:00 GMT 2001

Hello,
I'm having a problem of the newbie type. I've
installed gcc 2.95.3 and, though gcc works on c code,
c++ code gives me problems. First I get a
  'hello_world.cc:1: iostream.h: No such file or
directory'
 message. If I type
  'g++ -I /usr/local/gcc-2.95.3/libio hello_world.cc'
, I then get a
  '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status'
message.
I've searched the archive and found several cases like
mine, but the answer seemed to be 'try g++ instead of
gcc'. This is apparently not working for me.
Thanks.
Enzo