Can't compile gcc-3.0 on cygwin

Hervé LEMOINE lemoine@multimania.com
Fri May 18 01:32:00 GMT 2001


Hi,
I tried for a month to compile gcc-3.0 on a win32 cygwin 
platform.

I built the package gcc-20010416 with a cygwin-1.3.1 
release.

For the comand
$ make bootstrap

I have the following error :

/opt/compile/objdir/gcc/gcj -B/opt/compile/objdir/i686-pc-
cygwin/libjava/ -B/opt
/compile/objdir/gcc/ --encoding=UTF-8 -C -g -
classpath /opt/compile/objdir/i686-
pc-cygwin/libjava:/opt/compile/gcc-20010416/libjava -
d /opt/compile/objdir/i686-
pc-cygwin/libjava java/awt/Container.java
/opt/compile/gcc-20010416/libjava/java/awt/paint.java:22: 
Interface `java.awt.Pa
int' already defined in /opt/compile/gcc-
20010416/libjava/java/awt/Paint.java:22
.
 public interface Paint extends Transparency
 ^
/opt/compile/gcc-20010416/libjava/java/awt/list.java:13: 
Class `java.awt.List' a
lready defined in /opt/compile/gcc-
20010416/libjava/java/awt/List.java:13.
 public class List extends Component
 ^
java/awt/Container.java:1: Missing return statement.
 /* Copyright (C) 1999, 2000 Free Software Foundation
 ^
3 errors
make[2]: *** [libgcj.jar] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/compile/objdir/i686-pc-
cygwin/libjava'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libjava] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/compile/objdir'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I found the same error in the GNATS database (March 25) by 
David BillingHurst.
I can't retrieve the latest gcc snapshot because the 
ftp.freesoftware.com is down and I can't download gcc tree 
by cvs.

If someone can help me ?

Thanks
______________________________________________________
E-mail gratuit - Multimania - http://www.multimania.fr



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list