libgcc.a on HPUX

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 12:11:00 GMT 2001


  In message < 01K19FLBXKS2003UPB@thda14.transco.bgplc.com >you write:
  > I am currently trying to install a perl module (Crypt::SSLeay), which 
  > gets compiled with gcc because perl is compiled with gcc. This gives 
  > me the following problem, which, I have been told, are caused because 
  > libgcc.a is a static library and the make command tries to build a 
  > shared library (if you couldn't already tell, I am not an experienced 
  > C programmer). Is there a way of building a shared libgcc ?
There is no trivial way to build a shared libgcc with existing GCC releases.
Future releases are expected to provide this functionality.


However, if you link the shared library you are creating against GCC, then
it will get copies of any routines it needs which should avoid the problem
you're running into.

jeff



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list