Building GCC under Cygwin.

Vivin Suresh Paliath computer_maniac@hotmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:08:00 GMT 2001


I'm having problems building gcc under cygwin. I 
was informed that Cygwin has gcc-2.95.2-6 and so it isn't necessary to do a 
'make bootstrap'. I did a normal make, but I am still not able to build it. This 
is what I have done:
 
my gcc source is in /srcdir/gcc-2.95.3
my build directory is /build
 
export 
MAKE_MODE=UNIX /srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/configure --prefix=/usr --with-gnu-as 
--with-gnu-ld --enable-threads=posix 2>&1 | tee configure.out make -w 
all-gcc install-gcc LANGUAGES="c c++ java" 2>&1 | tee 
make.out
 
The make fails with the following error 
message:
 
/build/gcc/xgcc -B/build/gcc/ 
-B/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/bin/ -I/usr/i686-pc-cygwin32/include -O2 
-I/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/../winsup/include -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -I./include -g1 
-DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -fexceptions -I. 
-I/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc -I/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/config 
-I/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/../include -c \
-DL${name} /srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c 
-o ${name}.o; \
if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; 
fi; \
ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o; \
rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_eh
In file included from 
gthr-default.h:1,
from 
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr.h:98,
from 
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3034:
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:40: 
parse error before `__gthread_once_t'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:40: 
warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:78: 
parse error before `*'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:78: 
parse error before `)'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h: In 
function `__gthread_key_create':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:89: too 
many arguments to function `pthread_key_create'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h: In 
function `__gthread_key_dtor':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:97: 
incompatible type for argument 1 of `pthread_setspecific'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h: In 
function `__gthread_key_delete':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:105: 
incompatible type for argument 1 of `pthread_key_delete'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h: In 
function `__gthread_getspecific':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:111: 
incompatible type for argument 1 of `pthread_getspecific'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h: In 
function `__gthread_setspecific':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/gthr-posix.h:117: 
incompatible type for argument 1 of `pthread_setspecific'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c: In 
function `eh_context_initialize':
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3171: 
syntax error before `once'
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3175: 
`once' undeclared (first use in this function)
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3175: (Each 
undeclared identifier is reported only once
/srcdir/gcc-2.95.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:3175: for 
each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 
1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/build/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make: Leaving directory 
`/build'
 
I am not sure what this means. This is the 
first time I am trying to compile gcc. Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks!
 
Vivin



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list