Problem configuring gcc

Rin V. narinw@email.com
Wed Mar 21 01:07:00 GMT 2001


I have tried to compile gcc 2.95.2 on solaris 2.6 but the below error occurs
while configured.

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'as' : No such file or directory

Therefor, I added the directory called '/usr/lib/adb' that is the location
of 'as' but, however, the following error appear.

Created "Makefile" in /object_directory  using "mh-frag"
/usr/lib/adb/as: D=a: cannot open
/usr/lib/adb/as: ./contents (mutex): not found
/usr/lib/adb/as: .$: not found
*** The command 'gcc -o conftest -Wall -fPIC conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working complier.

Can you please to advice me how can I fix it?

By the way, if it must being replaced 'as' and 'ld' with 'Gas' and 'Gld'
please let me know how can I get it.

Thank you for your advance.
Regards,
Narin


-----------------------------------------------
FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list