Building gcc under cygwin

Vivin Paliath computer_maniac@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:28:00 GMT 2001


I am having problems building GCC under Cygwin.

I followed all the instructions, but it fails when it tries to make the 
native compiler (make bootstrap).

My toplevel directory is /usr. with-ld and with-as are set to 
/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin . It runs the make bootstrap for a while and then it 
fails with this error:

xgcc: installation error '/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin' no such file or directory

Do you have step by step instructions for building under Cygwin? Are there 
any quirks that I need to know about? Maybe I'm setting my paths up wrong or 
something... I haven't done much of this stuff before. I just want to get 
gcc working so that I can use gcj... (I tried installing libgcj and gcj but 
that gave even uglier errors...)

Thanks!

Vivin Suresh Paliath


_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list