export problem

Mvasarhely@aol.com Mvasarhely@aol.com
Fri Mar 2 11:30:00 GMT 2001


Hello all,

Can anybody help me put in the below problem? 

I have ported a Windows executable and DLL to Unix.  I can compile with GNU
(g++) and run it fine when I add the DLL code directly to the exe code before
compiling.

However, I want to maintain the same structure as on Windows -- i.e., I want
to link the dynamic library (not executable) under UNIX with the GNU (g++)
linker.  

I can link the DLL's code as a shared library under UNIX, but when I call a
function from the shared library using the dlsym () unix runtime function, I
get a message saying symbol NOT visible from outside the library.

My question is:

How can I make functions visible from outside the shared library so calling
them via a pointer using dlsym () will work? Something that would correspond
to export under Windows?

Thank you in advance, Szabolcs.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list