gcc option behaving funny
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 20:26:00 GMT 2001
On Jun 29, 2001, Jan Mannekens <Jan.Mannekens@alcatel.be> wrote:
> I'm using gcc version 2.95.3 and when linking I use the -pthread option.
> On my Linux-PC I have no problem with that. When I build the same code
> on our DEC Alpha XP900
Which operating system is this DEC Alpha running? If it's GNU/Linux,
it should work just the same. If it's some other OS, the spelling of
the option may be different. On some systems, it's -pthreads; on
others, it's -mthread or -mthreads. On others, you have to
-D_REENTRANT and -lpthread explicitly. It all depends on the way the
native compiler works; GCC attempts to accept the same options, for
compatibility.
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list