bootstrap problems, what am i doign wrong?

Brian J. Burke bjburke@cablespeed.com
Mon Jun 25 16:16:00 GMT 2001


http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-06/msg01256.html

to quote the above fix, "unset[env] LC_ALL LC_COLLATE and start over"

Worked for me when I tried it.



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Sam Halliday" <10226982@qub.ac.uk>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 12:28 PM
Subject: bootstrap problems, what am i doign wrong?


> This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
> a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> (sorry if this is my second post, my email is a bit funny today)
> 
> i am trying to bootstrap the gcc-3.0 under linux mandrake 8.0, it threw
> back this error when it started (see end of message) compiling the final
> gcc-3.0 after all the bootstraping..... so i figured maybe this is a
> problem with mandrake using 2.96, so i downgraded to 2.95.3 (that went
> smoothly by the way)
> but still the exact same error occurs at the same place when i cleaned
> the tree and started again. please help.... am i doing something very
> wrong, am i missing something? what is this invalid preprocessing
> directive anyway?
> 
> Sam
> 
> ---------------------------------
> Making all in libsupc++
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++'
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag CXX --tag disable-shared
> --mode=compile /usr/src/gcc-3.0/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/gcc-3.0/gcc/
> -nostdinc++  -L/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src
> -L/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
> -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
> /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -I../../../gcc -I../../../include
> -I../include -I../include/std -I../include/c_std -I../include
> -I../libsupc++                  -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -fno-implicit-templates   -prefer-pic   -Wall -Wno-format -W
> -Wwrite-strings -Winline  -fdiagnostics-show-location=once
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -g    -c eh_alloc.cc
> /usr/src/gcc-3.0/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/gcc-3.0/gcc/ -nostdinc++
> -L/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src
> -L/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs
> -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
> /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -I../../../gcc -I../../../include
> -I../include -I../include/std -I../include/c_std -I../include
> -I../libsupc++ -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates -Wall
> -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline -fdiagnostics-show-location=once
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -c eh_alloc.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> eh_alloc.o
> In file included from eh_alloc.cc:39:
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:29:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_ifndef
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:30:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_define
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:84:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_if
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:85:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_include
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:86:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_elif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:87:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_include
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:88:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_elif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:89:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_include
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:92:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_elif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:93:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_if
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:94:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_ifndef
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:95:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_define
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:96:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_endif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:97:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_endif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:98:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_include
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:101:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_else
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:102:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_include
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:103:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_endif
> ../include/bits/gthr.h:105:2: invalid preprocessing directive
> #_GLIBCPP_endif
> make[4]: *** [eh_alloc.lo] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++'
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-3.0'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> --------------------------------
> 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list